If you are travelling across the Forth Road Bridge each day, why not consider car sharing from Ferrytoll Park & Ride? Ferrytoll offers a very convenient meeting point just to the north of the Forth Road Bridge. Car sharers should park in the top deck of the multi-storey car park.
To help you find possible car sharing partners, Fife Council, in conjunction with SESTRAN (the South East Scotland Transport Partnership), has developed www.tripsharefife.com – an easy and free to use web site that puts you in touch with people making the same journey as you, whether it be on a daily basis or a one-off lift.
Car sharing has many benefits :
- Saves you money – 3 people car sharing from Ferrytoll to Edinburgh can each save as much as £2000 a year
- Reduces the number of cars on the roads – resulting in less congestion, less pollution and fewer parking problems
- Provides a real solution to the transport problems of rural areas
- Gives employees and employers more transport options
- Reduces the need for a private car